The Gower Heritage Centre is open from 10am to 5pm – 7 Days a week. A NEW takeaway food facility -PARK MILL DINER- is now open inside the Centre for weekends and School holidays. Some food and drink is also available from our front shop. Due to the impact of the Pandemic not all facilities are open and currently some activities have not yet resumed. Things like the Markets on the weekend have not resumed as of yet.
For children, the soft play area, sandpit and mini tractors are open and there are workshops being organised by our resident craft workers, all activities with Craft Workers or any events MUST be pre-booked via the links shown.
Entry charges for the Centre are currently £5 per adult (including parking), Children aged 3 – 17 are £2 each. Children 2 and under are free. Due to the ending of the Pandemic regulations Entry or Car park tickets no longer need to be pre-booked and you can pay for entry and Parking at our main reception. These charges will not apply this Saturday and pre-booking is necessary for Entry.
Most of our exhibits and attractions are open and you can take a self guided tour using our map on arrival or download the App. Most craft workers offer workshops in a variety of crafts – contact them direct to book any activities.
Our Self-Guided Tour Includes:
- The Water Wheel – The last intact and working water wheel in Gower, still powering a flour mill and wood lathe
- The Corn Mill – Still fully functional and powered by the water wheel, the 12th Century corn mill contains original equipment from past centuries including mill stones imported from France. We grind fresh flour most days – ask at Reception for a guided tour.
- The Mill Cottage – A replica of living conditions at the Mill from the 18th Century
- Wood Turner’s Room – a functioning wood work room for our resident carpenter with water wheel powered lathe and hand crafted items for sale
- Woollen Mill – Featuring a Dob Cross Loom, refurbished from Abbey Woollen Mill in Neath, our mill produces Gower Blankets and other textiles which are on display
- Farming Museum – Our collection contains some of the oldest agricultural equipment in Wales: motorized, horse powered and hand powered
- The Blacksmiths – a fully equipped and functioning forge as in use during Victorian times
- and much more…
Our Resident Craft Workers and Businesses Include:
- Pa-pa Jewelry Design – award winning sea and beach inspired Jewellery designed and crafted by trained silversmith Pa-pa on the edge of the Gower Peninsula (Open by appointment only) www.pa-pajewellery.co.uk
- Little Valley Bakery – a small and passionate artisan bakery, baking quality breads and treats using traditional methods from our bakery in the heart of the Gower open Weds- Sunday 10am to 3pm www.littlevalleybakery.com
- Shop Front and Tea Garden – are open for snacks and souvenirs
- Shed Head Cider – has been making cider at the Gower Heritage Centre Since 2011 using apples from our own Orchard and pressed with our own Victorian press at the Mill. 100% natural with no additives https://shedheadcider.co.uk
- Essential Cycles Gower – Book your bike in for a service with us. We carry out frame pivot bearing replacement, hydraulic brake bleed, drivetrain upgrade, suspension fork lower leg service or just a set of new tyres. We also fit upgrades and create new builds to your specification (closed Monday and Tuesday) Essential Cycles Gower – Home | Facebook
- Little Gem Jewellery Crafts – Arts and Crafts Shop with Roberta (Open by appointment only) The Little Gem – Home | Facebook
- Earthly Rebels – hand made soaps for sale and soap making lessons available https://earthlyrebels.co.uk
- Wobbly Bottom Cheeses – traditional cheeses, made from the milk of our resident goats 07437019440
- Humanities Hub– a new educational facility- tel 07792829518 Humanities Health Hub – InspireU
- Park Mill Diner – a local produce food outlet. Parkmill Diner – Gower Heritage Centre [email protected] 07375778343
- and others…
Services and workshops available by Pre-Booked Appointment Only Are:
- The Iron Age Round House – available through Gower Unearthed call Helen at [email protected] for full details
- Traditional Cookery Classes – A Taste of Times Past– https://www.facebook.com/Chendoreluan
- Rachael’s Rights Consultancy and Little Red Hen Activities 07792829518 – The Best You Can Be InspireU
- Art Sessions with Katie tel 07846115419- tailored art sessions https://www.facebook.com/gowerartscentre
- La Charrette, The Smallest Cinema in Wales – available now for private parties subject to Covid restrictions
- Cae Tan CSA – subscribe for weekly local produce boxes https://www.facebook.com/caetancsa
- Campervan Overnight Parking – £10 per night please email us to book- [email protected]
Our car park is open everyday for anyone wishing to park and walk in the local area. There is a charge of £4 per car if you are parking for longer than 15 minutes – payable at the main reception or if closed at the collection box on the main entrance door.
Our Holiday Accommodation is not yet available this year as it is being used by essential and other workers. we may have some availability later in the summer.
PLEASE NOTE: Normal admission charges are still temporarily reduced for this year, all pre-booked tickets for any craft activity or event include entry to The Gower Heritage Centre.