The Gower Heritage Centre is open from 10am to 4.30pm 7 Days a week apart from New Years Day. Due to the Pandemic not all facilities are open and currently our tearoom , puppet theatre, duck races, and some activities are not yet open. Hot drinks and some takeaway food is available from our front shop and outdoor courtyard.
For children, the soft play area, sandpit and mini tractors are open and over the Christmas holidays there will be a “hunt the Christmas Tree trail” for any visiting children to take part in and there are some festive workshops being organised by our resident craft workers.
Entry charges are currently £4 per car plus £2 per adult. Children under 16 are free. Car park tickets can be be pre-booked reserve your parking here
Visitors on foot, or arriving by bus or bicycle are £2 per person, children under 16 are free.
Most of our exhibits and attractions are open and you can take a self guided tour using our map on arrival or download the App. Most craft workers offer workshops in a variety of crafts – contact them direct to book any activities.
Our Self-Guided Tour Includes:
- The Water Wheel – The last intact and working water wheel in Gower, still powering a flour mill and wood lathe
- The Corn Mill – Still fully functional and powered by the water wheel, the corn mill still contains the original equipment used back in Victorian times including mill stones imported from France
- The Mill Cottage – A replica of living conditions at the mill back in the Victorian era
- Wood Turner’s Room – a functioning wood work room for our resident carpenter with water wheel powered lathe and hand crafted items for sale
- Woollen Mill – Featuring a Dob Cross Loom, refurbished from Abbey Woollen Mill in Neath, our mill produces Gower Blankets and other textiles which are for sale
- Farming Museum – Our collection contains some of the oldest agricultural equipment in Wales: motorized, horse powered and hand powered
- The Blacksmiths – a fully equipped and functioning forge as in use during Victorian times
- and much more…
Our Resident Shops and Businesses Include:
- Pa-pa Jewelry Design – award winning sea and beach inspired Jewellery designed and crafted by trained silversmith Pa-pa on the edge of the Gower Peninsula www.pa-pajewellery.co.uk
- Little Valley Bakery – a small and passionate artisan bakery, baking quality breads and treats using traditional methods from our bakery in the heart of the Gower open Weds- Sunday 10am to 3pm www.littlevalleybakery.com
- Shop Front and Tea Garden – are open for snacks and souvenirs
- Shed Head Cider – has been making cider at the Gower Heritage Centre Since 2011 using apples from our own Orchard and pressed with our own Victorian press at the Mill. 100% natural with no additives https://shedheadcider.co.uk
- Essential Cycles Gower – Book your bike in for a service with us. We carry out frame pivot bearing replacement, hydraulic brake bleed, drivetrain upgrade, suspension fork lower leg service or just a set of new tyres. We also fit upgrades and create new builds to your specification Essential Cycles Gower – Home | Facebook
- Little Gem Jewellery Crafts – Arts and Crafts Shop with Roberta The Little Gem – Home | Facebook
- Earthly Rebels – hand made soaps for sale and soap making lessons available https://earthlyrebels.co.uk
- Wobbly Bottom Cheeses – traditional cheeses, made from the milk of our resident goats 07437019440
- and others…
Services and workshops available by Pre-Booked Appointment Only Are:
- The Iron Age Round House – available through Gower Unearthed call Helen at [email protected] for full details
- Traditional Cookery Classes – A Taste of Times Past– https://www.facebook.com/Chendoreluan
- Rachael’s Rights Consultancy – The Best You Can Be InspireU
- Art Sessions with Katie – tailored art sessions https://www.facebook.com/gowerartscentre
- La Charrette, The Smallest Cinema in Wales – available now for private parties subject to Covid restrictions
- Cae Tan CSA – subscribe for weekly local produce boxes https://www.facebook.com/caetancsa
- Campervan Overnight Parking – £10 per night booked through the website reserve your parking here
During the latest Covid regulations please note that our car park remains open for anyone wishing to park and walk in the local area. There is a charge of £4 per car if you are parking for longer than 15 minutes – payable at the collection box on the main entrance door, or in Mill Shop if open, alternatively you have the option to purchase a ticket and reserve your parking here
Our Holiday Accommodation is not available this as it is being used by essential and other workers.
PLEASE NOTE: Normal admission charges are temporarily suspended, therefore all pre-booked tickets for any activity include entry to The Gower Heritage Centre